Starfish Travel Corporation

World's Capital for Visa Services and Documentation

International visitors to the Philippines surpass 3 million.

International visitors to the Philippines surpass 3 million.

As of July 19, 2023, the Philippines had welcomed 3 million foreign visitors, according to a report released on Wednesday by the Department of Tourism (DOT).

According to the most recent DOT data, from January 1 to July 19, 2023, there were a total of 3,000,079 international visitor arrivals.

From January 1 to June 30, 2023, the Philippines’ incoming tourism receipts increased to P212,467,522,100.14, which is 502.02 percent more than the P35,292,495,457.14 in tourism revenue from the same time the previous year.

According to Tourism Secretary Christina Garcia Frasco, “We are pleased to report that in just over seven months, we have already surpassed the 3 million international visitor arrivals mark, reflecting continued robust recovery and the gains of the Marcos Administration towards the resurgence of Philippine tourism.”

Millions of Filipinos rely on the tourism industry for work and a living. We are appreciative of the increased global interest in the Philippines, which provides many good reasons to enjoy exploring all of our islands. We also applaud our fellow Filipinos for continuing to visit their home country and for helping the local families, communities, and businesses that make up the tourist value chain.

91.36 percent of the total, or 2,740,802, is made up of foreign visitors, while the remaining 8.64 percent, or 259,277, is made up of Filipinos living abroad.

The top 5 source markets for foreign arrivals included Australia with 146,062 (4.87 percent), Japan with 143,227 (4.77 percent), Canada with 132,018 (4.40 percent), and South Korea with 741,658 (24.72 percent). The USA came in second with 550,569 (18.35 percent), followed by Japan and the United States in that order.

In addition, there were 129,077 visitors from China (4.30%), 104,211 from Taiwan (3.47%), 85,847 from the UK (2.86%), 81,656 from Singapore (2.72%), and 54,411 from Malaysia (1.81%).

Source- Travel daily

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *